GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, April 4, 2014

What Goal?

Goals for the 2nd quarter of 2014!
1. Star Blossoms
Pattern by Cotton Way/photo from Cotton Way

2. Finish my Granny Squares

It looks like this could be easy enough to finish!

3. Make  Fig Tree Sail Away quilt.

4. Make Layered Flowers by Red Door Designs.

 Click to see full size image
It's a sweet little raw edge pattern that I picked up 
at Road To California in January.

Then there is this one!


Last year I started making Coastal Lily.
Thelma at Cupcake n' Daisies started
making Coastal Lily at the same time.
Only I think she got hers finished two weeks later!
Click on the link to see her gorgeous quilt.


Anyway, I went from this to

 
this
and then to 


this.

Then I went to a sample block.
And that is the only block that is even near being finished.

In January I posted that Coastal Lily was on my
list of projects to finish in the first quarter of 
this year. 
As you can tell... I missed that goal and all the other goals before it.

June will be here before we know it... I suppose I could set
June as the new goal date... making it a 1 year in progress.

The thing is... I hate having projects around that long!
I know some things we make are more of a "process" but
this really drives me nuking futs
Well, you know.
So, here we are... it's Friday... the weekend is free and clear...
I wonder what I will get done?!?

Monday I will be back and take a look at what I actually did make 
during the first quarter of the year! 
I'm sure it will be a surprise to me!
Have a good weekend!



13 friends stopped by to chat:

Darlene said...

Peeking over your shoulder cheering you on. :-)

I'm working on one on your list. teehee!

Kris said...

You are impressive Sinta!!!
I really need to find my quilting groove again!!!
xo Kris

gailss said...

Sounds like a very busy next few months. I also started "Coastal Lilies" and am a bit farther but not much....have to get back to it. Good luck with your list of projects.

Cathy said...

One quilt at a time and you will do it. Love the project on your to do list. Hugs

Hildy said...

Yor've picked really great quilts! They all sound like great fun to make:-)

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

LOL you sew girl! All of the quilts look like great projects, but I think you have reached the same realization I have, I can't sew as fast as I can dream! Waaa! Have a happy weekend!

Dee said...

What a great list! I start out the same way, but some how my priorities/interests always change before the end and I'm always surprised at what I actually do finish. Good luck sticking to yours!

Kate said...

Be prepared, those Star Blossoms blocks take a while. Totally worth it though, I love mine.

Thimbleanna said...

Haha -- apparently I've been under a rock because I've never heard "nuking futs" before and I burst out laughing! Embrace the process LOL! I'm sure glad you can't see my sewing room or you'd really be nuking futs only you'd say it outright! Good Luck with your goals -- that's quite a list!

Sherry said...

I enjoyed reading about your projects and goals. I have so many in process and waiting to start. I think I will blame bloggers like you who continue to inspire me and make me want to try something new. I hope you get a lot done this weekend.

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I keep a list of quilt projects on my iPhone and I alter it whenever the inspiration strikes. If a project stays on there long enough I just lose interest! And now I've just added a Thimble Blossoms mini quilt to my list for April... because I heard that there's a parade on May 1!

Vivian said...

I've found that the fire to finish some quilts sometimes need time to build --- unfortunately it's often not on the schedule we plan when we start it! When you're inspired to finish it, it will get done and be wonderful.

I'm hoping to join in on the 2nd Quarter journey too. Finishes or progress, it's all good!

Carrie P. said...

Lovin' your lily block.