GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy 11th and Other Weekend News

Have you seen who is having an anniversary?
There is going to be lots of celebrating
going on!
Congratulations to the Fat Quarter Shop family!
You guys are amazing!
Thank you for all you do and 
all the things you do that make the FQS the cream of the crop!
It is very much appreciated!

Yesterday...
I had to stop and pull over to a driveway...

Can you see what I see?

This guy was hiding by the time I got my camera
out of my purse. But I have to say... he was
very impressive!
Can you see him better in this shot?
I got to see him out in the open... he was
the biggest bear I had ever seen!
Had to be at least 600 pounds!

I think those people are going to regret leaving their gate open!

MY Nested Churn Dash
did go from this...


to this...


over the weekend... I only had a little bit of play time in 
but I love the way it is turning out... yes, turning out, not
Churning out! ha!

I can't wait to work on it some more... it is so addictive!
And the best news of the day... I have finished the move 
into the new house. 
Thank goodness for our son's and my DIL!
Pictures? Why don't I have any pictures yet of the house?
I guess that will be the next post!

8 friends stopped by to chat:

Carrie P. said...

don't get to close to that bear! love the fabrics you are using for you blocks.

Jeanna said...

There seems to be quite an epidemic of black bears these days. We had one spotted out in the open last weekend near Orlando, FL. My cousin in Ft. Walton Beach, FL had a small one in her back yard a couple of months ago. Lastly, my sister's horse was just attacked by one just south of Houston. CRAZY!

In happier news...I love your quilt blocks and look forward to house pictures. You MUST have a set a record of some sort with how quickly you sold the other house, bought and moved into the new one.

Needled Mom said...

I think I would regret leaving that gate open too!!!

Love your Churning project so far.

Kris said...

He is a big bear! When we camped last time at Bass Lake, we had a bear in camp! He made a mess of our food! And then he didn't want to leave. The cub was cute, but Mama was pretty scary!
xo Kris

Thimbleanna said...

Ohmygosh -- a bear! If you'd been a truly dedicated blogger, you would have gone closer to get a better shot ROFLOL!!!! Is that common to see a bear in your area?

Those churn dashes are looking fantastic!!!

Anonymous said...

Loving your churn dash blocks... you may lure me into doing one after all...

Andee said...

Your nested churn dash is fantastic! The bear, WOW!

Elizabeth said...

That bear is so handsome but I would like to try to get out my garden. The blocks are so perfect - so pretty too. Happy stitching.