GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, November 17, 2014

Sick of It!

I have an issue!

I believe it started when my computer got upgraded, due to Windows 7 no longer being
supported.
I cannot comment on blogs if their comment section looks like this:



 
 

I have a google  account but it will not accept my comments. I read blogs still... and wish I could comment... but  can't unless it has a place to comment that looks more like this: 
 


9 friends stopped by to chat:

Jen Barnard said...

Um, Windows 7 is still supported. Windows XP support was stopped earlier this year though. I use windows vista and I haven't had any problems with either type of comment form when using my google account. Sorry I can't help, but I hope you get your problem sorted soon.
Jen.

Cathy said...

To use the first example, you have to be signed into your Google account at the time. If you are signed in, your name shows up in the little box in place of the word "Google." If your name is not there, type anything into the comment box and try to send it. If you are not signed in to Google, the sign in will pop up.

Thelma said...

Sounds like Cathy solved your problem! Good Luck!

Hildy said...

Don't you had it when your computer does things you have no idea about? I had this problem awhile ago, too, but after a few times it worked again don't know why it didn't worked to begin with. But I don't think is has anything to do with Windows 7.

Michele said...

That's interesting. I had no idea. Crazy things happen. I can't leave a comment on some blogs if I scroll up after beginning to type a comment. I can't type anymore after I do that ?? And sometimes I don't get emails that are related to comments, so I miss some. I feel your pain!

Thimbleanna said...

It's not just you Sinta -- I don't know what the problem is but I have it too. And even when I'm logged into my google account, it still occurs. Here's what I do:
Type out the comment and then highlight it and do a control C to copy the comment into your buffer. Then click on publish or whatever the button says. The window will pop up blank again, but the little pull down menu will now say your google account name instead of "google". Hit control V to paste your comment back into the comment box and then hit publish again. It should take your comment on the second try.

It's ridiculous and it takes so much time to comment. If all the blogger (blogspot) blogs would move to wordpress -- problem solved LOL!

Thimbleanna said...

Ha! In a cruel twist of fate, it took my three hits to get my previous comment to publish here -- the first time it didn't like my word verification (even though I typed the numbers in the picture) and the second time it popped up without a word verification so I just hit publish anyway and it took it.
I hate blogger LOL!

krislovesfabric said...

I do what Thimbleanna does...had to learn the hard way losing lots of comments first though!!

Unknown said...

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. See the link below for more info.


#missing
www.ufgop.org